Scar restoration Acupuncture is an acupuncture field of application, used to naturally soften and lessen the scarring formation . The combination of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ruri Face Diagnosis are used determine your individual needs with the application of ultra fine acupuncture needles being part of the method. Scar restoration acupuncture is a safe, natural, relatively painless and more affordable treatment.
What will the Scar Restoration Acupuncture feel like?
Most of the needles are not felt when they are inserted. Some needles sting for a moment when being inserted, this sensation does not last long. Most people report a feeling of tingling warmth and relaxation during their treatment, some even fall asleep.
When should I start Scar Restoration Acupuncture?
You can start treatment on a scar with in weeks of the initial event, but it is never too late to start treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Due to Scar Restoration Acupuncture being a holistic therapy, not only do you start to notice changes to the eternal appearance of the scar, but you start to feel great on the inside too.
As with any acupuncture treatment there is a small risk of slight bruising at the sight of the needle insertion, we go to great lengths to reduce the likely hood of subcutaneous bruising happening and it is quite rare
When do you need to be more cautious about having Scar Restoration Acupuncture?
If you have or are taking any of the following:*
- Blood disorders e.g. Hemophilia, Anemia
- Blood thinners e.g. Warfarin, Aspirin
- Bruise very easily
- Severe High Blood Pressure
- Dizziness or Vertigo
- Severe Headaches or Migraines
- Recent cosmetic surgery (must wait at least 3 weeks)
*In these circumstances, regular acupuncture and herbal treatment may help to enable you to achieve a condition that is acceptable to apply to the scar treatments
What can I do at home to enhance my treatments?
- Drink plenty of fresh water (Min 2L a day)
- Eat lots of fresh veggies and fruit
- Keep salt and unrefined sugars to a minimum
- Consider supplements:
- Super B (one in the morning)
- Vitamin C powder (3x day)
- Omega 3 (Fish/ flaxseed oil, or Chia seeds as directed)
- Don’t smoke
- Keep alcohol consumption to a minimun
- Protect your skin from the sun (Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen)
- Get adequate sleep (7hrs min)
- Sleep on your back
- Use a dermal hammer or Derma Roller twice a week