Cosmetic Acupuncture is an acupuncture field of application, used to naturally enhance the skin, easing both the internal stresses and the external expression of the Blemish or Furrow. The combination of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ruri Face Diagnosis are used determine your individual needs with the application of ultra fine acupuncture needles being part of the method. Cosmetic acupuncture is a safe, natural, relatively painless and more affordable treatment, that has absolutely “NO” down time. Other cosmetic procedures, like Botox, Collagen, Laser Resurfacing or Cosmetic Surgery can be extremely painful, expensive, have an extended recovery time and the end result can look un-natural.
What will the Cosmetic Acupuncture feel like?
Most of the needles are not felt when they are inserted. Some needles sting for a moment when being inserted, this sensation does not last long. Most people report a feeling of tingling warmth and relaxation during their treatment, some even fall asleep.
When should I start Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Whilst the desirable age to start Cosmetic Acupuncture is late twenties to early thirties, as this is when the skin renewal process naturally starts to slow down, it is never too late to start treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Due to Cosmetic Acupuncture being a holistic therapy, not only do you start to notice changes to your eternal appearance, but you start to feel great on the inside too.
As with any acupuncture treatment there is a small risk of slight bruising at the sight of the needle insertion, we go to great lengths to reduce the likely hood of subcutaneous bruising happening and it is quite rare
Can I claim my treatments on my Private Health?
Yes, providing your health fund covers you for Acupuncture.
When can’t you have Cosmetic Acupuncture?
If you have or are taking any of the following:*
- Blood disorders e.g. Hemophilia, Anemia
- Blood thinners e.g. Warfarin, Aspirin
- Bruise very easily
- Severe High Blood Pressure
- Dizziness or Vertigo
- Severe Headaches or Migraines
- Recent cosmetic surgery (must wait at least 3 weeks)
*In these circumstances, regular acupuncture and herbal treatment may help to enable you to achive a condition that is acceptable to apply the cosmetic treatments
What can I do at home to enhance my treatments?
- Drink plenty of fresh water (Min 2L a day)
- Eat lots of fresh veggies and fruit
- Keep salt and unrefined sugars to a minimum
- Consider supplements:
- Super B (one in the morning)
- Vitamin C powder (3x day)
- Omega 3 (Fish/ flaxseed oil, or Chia seeds as directed)
- Don’t smoke
- Keep alcohol consumption to a minimun
- Protect your skin from the sun (Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen)
- Get adequate sleep (7hrs min)
- Sleep on your back
- Use a dermal hammer or Derma Roller twice a week
- Use Organic Rosehip Oil regularly
- Don’t use any product promising an “instant” lift